Drug Residential Treatment Center
In a Residential treatment focus, We give treatment to the teenagers for the issues they confront like psychological instability, liquor fixation, to enthusiastic and physical scatters.
Numerous states in the U.S.A. and different parts of the world have diverse kinds of private treatment focuses. Typical private medications incorporate psychological well-being, liquor, and medication. Medication restoration focuses enable individuals to manage mental reliance on medications, for example, cocaine, heroin, and numerous remedy pills.
Between 13-18 age amass numerous young people experience behavioral change wherein they get dependent on tranquilizing, do some brutal demonstration and so forth. Numerous youths in Okanagan and Kelowna are rationally exasperated because of behavioral adjustment.
Periods of private treatment focus?
In this kind of focus, young people are given different medications with the goal that they end up typical soon. There are three fundamental stages in this treatment.
- Starting stage: The chief thing is to make them prepared for the treatment. A few patients may decline to join nonetheless, with the assistance of family and their associates, patients might be persuaded in such an approach to join the program.
- Detoxification: In the enslavement treatment program offered by the private treatment focus, the procedure of detoxification assumes the most critical part. This treatment evacuates the contaminations, poisons and other leftover addictive substances from the body. This treatment is done for some days to couple of weeks, contingent upon the nature and the degree of the enslavement.
- After care: After the detoxification procedure, the patients need to experience a broad aftercare treatment. Keeping in mind the end goal to slaughter the desire of the patients, the patients are offered with different strategies and prescriptions. Patients are likewise given guiding through very much prepared or expert instructors.
These focuses give dozing, cooking and washing offices for patients. These treatment focuses are partitioned into male and female segments. Some treatment focuses offer projects, for example, workmanship and music treatment to help patients in the recuperating procedure.
Young people with low confidence, failure to blend with connections, terrible control of feelings and learning inabilities are participated in private establishments. In this way, similar to sedate restoration focus, the private treatment focus likewise causes young people to recuperate them from fixation and other unfortunate propensities and empower them to begin another life.
Drug & Addiction
A drug is a vegetable, mineral or animal substance that has a stimulating, hallucinogenic, narcotic or depressing effect . It is known as the soft drug to one that has a low addictive degree, such as cannabis, while a hard drug is strongly addictive (such as cocaine and heroin).
On the other hand, drugs are the raw materials of biological origin that are used, either directly or indirectly, for the preparation of medicines . The chemical composition of the drug provides a pharmacological action that is useful for therapy .
At a general level, drugs are known as substances that, when introduced into the body, can alter or modify their functions. People can take drugs for the pleasure they generate, although the suspension of consumption generates a psychic malaise. Excessive drug intake, on the other hand, has negative consequences for the body. It is known as drug addiction to the need to use drugs to obtain pleasurable sensations or eliminate some type of pain.
According to the effects on the central nervous system, drugs can be classified as depressants (inhibit their functioning and generate slowness in nervous activity, such as alcohol, morphine, methadone and heroin), stimulants (increase bodily functions and excite the central nervous system, as occurs with cocaine, caffeine, nicotine and amphetamine) or hallucinogenic (disturbing consciousness and distort perception, as do the LCD and peyote).
It should be noted that there are legal drugs that can be purchased free or under medical prescription, while other drugs are illegal (can only be purchased on the black market ).
When drug use is stopped, there are specific abstinence syndromes for which a person passes that are different for each drug.With heroin or prescription opioids, a person feels sick, has vomiting and muscle and bone pain, feels restless and depressed, suffers from muscle spasms and much more.
A person who stops consuming high doses of alcohol may experience seizures, coma and even death, so in many cases they should be medically supported during the withdrawal.If a person is leaving a stimulant such as cocaine, they are likely to feel very depressed, to the point of suicide.They can also be paranoid, exhausted and hungry.A person who withdraws from marijuana may feel irritable, anxious, depressed and suffer from sleep disturbances when they stop using it.In almost all cases, people in the withdrawal of a drug will experience strong cravings for the drug that they have stopped consuming.
Alcohol is a depressant that decreases brain function and body poisons. Ethyl alcohol or ethanol is the basic chemistry found in all alcoholic beverages. Ethyl alcohol, or ethanol, is the basic chemical that all alcoholic beverages contain. It is produced, generally, by the fermentation of fruits, vegetables or cereals. Fermented drinks contain a maximum of 15% pure alcohol (wine, beer, cider). Distilled beverages, such as spirits, snacks and spirits, can contain up to 45% pure alcohol. Alcoholic beverages are therefore more or less powerful or have large doses of pure alcohol. These beverages can be made following different recipes, flavored, sweetened, mixed, colored, etc. It is indisputable that to know its effects we should not look at its composition but the degree of pure alcohol that it contains: it remains the same substance, and produces the same effect.
Introduced into the human body as a drink, alcohol passes quickly into the blood and it carries it to other organs, including the most sensitive ones: the brain and the liver. Once the alcohol is in the blood, no food or drink can delay or prevent its effects. The sugar in fruits can accelerate the process of removing alcohol from the blood and reduce the duration of its effects.
Cocaine is extracted from the leaves of the coca plant. Cocaine is an important stimulant of the central nervous system. This is the drug that creates the greatest psychological dependence. Cocaine is usually snorted. This is the most common method of use. It is called ‘Crack’
when it is smoked, the user inhales the smoke after having heated it (This operation causes crunches, hence its name.)
Effects of a general nature:
● State of enthusiasm that can lead to hallucinations and delirium, accompanied by muscle tremors and jerks.
● The piercing of the nostrils for consumers who inhale in the product.
● Death due to seizures, hypothermia, heart failure, etc. as a result of an overdose.
● In the long term, there are schizophrenia and / or paranoia syndromes.
Effects of crack:
The consumption of crack produces more intense effects than those of cocaine: it reaches the brain more quickly, but its duration is shorter.
The “flash” characteristic of crack produces an immediate sensation of intense euphoria. It lasts between five minutes and a quarter of an hour.
Steroids Anabolic steroids are synthetic origins molecules whose structure is similar to that of testosterone, a male hormone. These steroids are originally used under strict medical indications, but they deviate from their use by athletes for doping purposes.
Anabolic steroids are taken orally or by injection. They are usually taken by cycles (weeks or months), rather than continuously. In addition, users often combine several types of steroids in order to maximize their effectiveness while minimizing the negative effects.
Anabolic steroids are synthetic products. The goal is to produce molecules similar to testosterone. The full name is “of the anabolic androgenic steroids”. Originally, these products are for therapeutic purposes. They were kidnapped by athletes (including bodybuilders) who wish to increase their muscle mass. The doses used by bodybuilding practitioners are often 20 to 30 times higher than the therapeutic doses!
Steroids can involve a whole series of psychological effects ranging from euphoria to hostility.
Reactions to steroids may vary depending on the individual and the type of steroid.
Heroin or diacetylmorphine is a very addictive drug derived from morphine, the main alkaloid of the poppy. Heroin can be inhaled or smoked, the fact of smoking eliminates the stigma associated with intravenous drug use.
Heroin can be injected, smoked or snorted. In any case, still significant risks to health. Morphine is extracted from opium or latex of white poppy. Heroin is produced by a chemical transformation of morphine.
Heroin quickly causes a strong psychic and physical dependence.
Its users only think about consuming it.
Somatic effects are heat, analgesia, miosis, bradycardia, hypotension, poor intestinal transit, decreased libido. Its respiratory crisis may cause death by overdose – if the product contains more active substance – or after a period of abstinence – when the tolerance has disappeared.
Unlike marijuana that is from a plant, the synthesis of marijuana is a chemical substance. It does not contain THC, but the molecules that mimic the effects of marijuana. Synthetic cannabis is more powerful, more dangerous and addictive than natural marijuana.
It is mainly smoked. However, some sources suggest that “synthetic cannabis” could be consumed as a tea.
Effects of a general nature:
Cannabis contains synthetic chemical compounds that mimic the effects of THC contained in natural cannabis.
● The Sensation of relaxation and well-being.
● The intensification of sensory perceptions (sounds, images and tactile sensations that grow in intensity and finesse).
● Change in the appreciation of time and space.
● Feel “high”.
● Anxiety, irritability, restlessness.
● High blood pressure, palpitations.
● Redness of the face and eyes, dry mouth.
Long-term effects :
If the symptoms are usually of short duration, scientists are concerned about the possible long-term multiple effects on memory loss, addiction and psychiatric complications.
LSD or diethylamide of lysergic acid is obtained from ergot (rye fungus and other cereals). Its psychoactive effects were discovered by chance in 1943 by Albert Hoffman researcher. Used for the first time in psychiatry, which appeared in the illicit market of the 60s.
LSD is taken orally; It is usually done by ingesting a piece of paper, but it can also be inhaled or injected. It is barely noticeable in drinks and meals. It can also be put in the eyes. The LSD begins to take effect at 30 or 40 minutes and can last from 4 to 24 hours.
Effects on the central nervous system:
LSD is a stimulant of the central nervous system that seriously disturbs the action of the neurotransmitters of serotonin and stimulates the receptors of dopamine.
● “Psychedelic journey”, mystical meditation.
● Modification of perceptions, of the concept of time and space, distortion of images and colors, confusion between images and sounds.
● An extreme impression of mental acuity and lucidity.
● Split and anxiety.
Acute neurotoxic effects:
● Acute psychiatric complications that can last 24 hours.
● Frequent reactions to violence (homicides) as well as incidents of self-aggression (intentional falls, self-mutilation).
● Attacks and brain deficits. There are cases of central vascular spasms and irreversible neurological damage (Flash back) that can last several years after the last ingestion in 15% of users.
Opium is a psychoactive preparation obtained from the latex of the opium poppy. It can be transformed into morphine or heroin. It is a substance of vegetable origin richer in alkaloids.
It is absorbed orally. It also can be smoked or eaten.
The first shots cause nausea, it is only after the user feels a sense of euphoria and elation.
● An intense feeling of well-being.
● Restlessness, nausea and vomiting.
● Staring accompanied by loss of sleep, fatigue.
● Feeling of heat and heaviness.
● State of gratification when hunger, pain and sexual impulses are absent.
Long-term effects :
● Dilated pupils.
● Itchy skin.
● Dry mouth
● Slow breathing.
● Possible mental deterioration.
● Profuse sweating and frequent urination.
● Menstrual irregularities in women.
PCP is a synthetic drug that is in the form of white crystalline powder. Often sought for these hallucinogenic effects, different from other psychedelics for their high degree of toxicity that can lead to serious side reactions.
PCP can be consumed orally in the form of powder, tablet, capsule or liquid. It can also be appreciated, smoked or injected.
PCP has a general anesthesia, reducing the perception of pain and the environment. It shows both the properties of depressants and stimulants of the central nervous system.
Effects of a general nature:
● Lightness and floating printing.
● Distorted perception of time, space and body.
● The separation of the environment from visual and auditory feelings and hallucinations.
● Anxiety, agitation and panic attacks.
● Difficulties in attention, concentration and reflection.
● Confusion, disorientation, impaired judgment, disorganized thinking, incoherent language.
● Impairment of memory and anterograde amnesia (inability to remember events or events that occurred after taking the medication).
● Involuntary, spasmodic movements of the eyes.
● Dizziness, speech problems, stare, numbness of the extremities, and muscle stiffness.
● Hypersensitivity to light, sound and pain.
● Psychomotor impairment, lack of coordination of movements.
● Inappropriate, strange, impulsive, hostile or violent behavior.
● Intense sense of alienation, the precipitation of a latent psychosis and toxic psychosis manifested by hallucinations, delusions and paranoid disorders (toxic psychosis that can last from several hours to several weeks).
The tobacco is a plant of the same family as the potato, the tomato or the eggplant: it is against by the specificity that it contains nicotine. The smoke dissipates the tobacco contains around 3 to 4000 and the active substances very dangerous to health.
Tobacco is mainly smoked in cigarettes with or without a filter, in a pipe or in cigars.
It can also be chewed (chewed), but this form of consumption is hardly used anymore. Another method of consumption in disuse is the “take” (inhalation).
Characteristics: Black or blond, light or super light, rolled, in pure or in pipe. Tobacco is a plant that is grown all over the world. Once dry, the leaves are fermented to achieve a specific taste.
● Increased heart rate.
● Accelerated breathing.
● Reduction of body temperature.
● Limitation of appetite.
Long-term effects :
● Lung cancer.
● Other types of cancer.
● Cardiac crisis
● Respiratory problems.
● Chronic bronchitis.
YABA (Thai pills) belongs to the methamphetamine family. YABA is mainly manufactured in Thailand. He made that there are more dependencies than heroin.
YABA comes in tablets, capsules or powder. It can be smoked, inhaled, injected into a vein or swallowed orally.
Characteristics: Amphetamine for particularly intense and prolonged effects, Yaba is the most widely used synthetic drug in Asia. It is also the most dangerous! It’s called “crazy medicine.”
This drug is consumed for the same reason as speed: for its ultra-exciting nature and for the prolonged stimulation it produces.
It allows to endure twenty-four or forty-eight hours without sleep.
Stimulation, euphoria, state of “high”, anorectics, weight loss.
Methamphetamines increase aggression and cause excessive self-confidence. Regular consumption of this product causes nervousness, irritability, loss of appetite, memory disorders, a chronic sleep disturbance, feeling of persecution, hallucinations and other psychic problems. The greatest aggression was produced by a substance used during the Second World War (Hitler’s drug). You can also see epileptiform seizures, coma, a strong increase in body temperature, cardiovascular problems, strokes, muscle cell destruction and psychosis. On the other hand, “the slump” is violent and particularly difficult to bear.